- Compares financial data
- trusted data, like bank statements
- data that could be tainted by human error
- Compares data from two departments
- Vendors names used in purchasing department
- Vendor names used in accounting
- Customer names used in marketing/sales department
- Customer names used in accounting
- Looks for changes in draft versions of financial data
- Chart of account drafts (identifies new or changed account descriptions and numbers)
- Trial balance drafts
- Balance sheet drafts
- P&L drafts
- Cash flow drafts
- Deduplicates data
- Compares proposed new data (like new leads) against existing data
- Finds new items
- Finds similar items like Doug Schiller and Douglas Schiller or email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finds combinations of numbers that match other numbers
- Match multiple bills to corresponding payments and visa-versa
- Match intercompany transactions on two sets of books, even when they don't exactly equal each other
- Deduce the formula from a combination of numbers like 5,2,3,6. What = 8? 2+6 or 3+5. What =1? 3-2=1.
- What is the best combination of numbers that equals another number. (Sometimes data is off because of rounding.)
- Data sources: CSV, TXT, XLS, XLSX (not PDF)
- Ease of use.
- Users can use the Crush Errors platform to do any of the above
- But it's MUCH easier to use a pre-defined app
- Each App (a short program in natural English) is designed to direct the platform to solve ONE specific problem. Example, reconciling Wells Fargo against QuickBooks.
- Each App has sample data (Template data) that be used as a guide.
- Apps are located in an App Store and has tags to easily locate the suitable App.
- Absolutely 100% of all of the calculations are done inside the user's browser. (Chrome and Firefox work best.).
- None of the data is ever sent to the cloud.
- The Apps are located in the cloud; however, they are ONLY read into the browser and never stored or sent to the CrushErrors.com server. For example, you can save an app to your own server. CrushErrors.com will read that App into the browser and it will never be transmitted any where else.
- Apps can be assembled into a custom App Store.
- Users can make Apps and App Stores for other users
- Apps and App stores can have custom logos and branding
- Apps and App stores can be embedded on any websites.
There are many new updates that have not been blogged about yet, but this one is so simple and SO HELPFUL, that it had to be posted. Have you ever compared two bits of text and they look IDENTICAL but one is slightly different because there's a hidden space. CrushErrors has been able to handle those differences for about 9 months, but now it highlights the difference in a hidden space so clearly.
Below you'll see a video that shows how "Cash - Wells Fargo" is scored against "Cash- Wells Fargo". The score is 95.8%. But it looks like it should be 100%. There's an extra space on the right side. If you click the text in the Redline column, the box labelled "Detail for Fuzzy Match" will appear to show the details. The Redline row clearly shows there is an extra space.
Another annoying error Crushed!
See it in action with this App
Doug Schiller created CrushErrors.com because he encountered the problem too often and wanted to build one solution..